The crystal candelabra was broken and the pieces were missing.
Cue out the chipped part.
Fit in new piece off glass.
Cut in design and polish
Its not perfect but when it is back on the candelabra with the prisms installed you won’t be able to see the repair.
The broken globe was sent from Arizona . The contractor broke three globes on the job site while restoring and old court house. I knew I could make the new globes but matching the design on the globe was going to be the challenge.
The crystal bobeche was broken during a move. Dad tried to find all the piece but an up short. Gluing the remains showed a large piece was missing. I decided that I would make a replacement bobeche. Filling the hole left by the missing pieces was an option but not a good one
Some times when doing a chandelier restoration you can’t find the replacement parts.
The first step to making a replacement bobeche is making the blank.
Stone cut design.
With the replacement bobeche complete the chandelier will hang in splendor again.
The bobeche for the antique crystal chandelier was broken and discarded. The search was on for the replacement part. None was found. I made the glass blank . Then I cut , polished and drilled the holes for the pins. Sent to me from our neighbors to the north Ontario Canada.
This is the crystal blank and I used a diamond saw to cut off the extra.
I polished the rim and drilled the holes for the prisms.
Here is the custom made replacement bobeche for a crystal chandelier .
This piece was sent to me and it is from a small table lamp. I am going to make a replacement part rather than repair it.
The antique glass globe was broken and many of the pieces were missing. I make a new top for antique glass globe .
I made the flag shade of the old shade.
I frosted the glass to match.
I cut and polished the design in the new top.
I installed the new top on the antique glass globe.
I was send a broken crystal bobeche from an antique chandelier. The antique glass bobeche was broken in many pieces and a couple of large pieces were missing. I cut off the part that was not broken . I used a crystal bowl with the same design as the original bobeche to recreate the broken and missing portion. I needed to drill a large hole in the center and many small holes around the rim
I cut off the good part of the old bobeche and ground the bottom of the new bowl flat.
I drill the holes for the prism pins.
The movers packed the chandelier like they always do ” wrong”. They hung the chandelier in box fully assembled . You must take the arms off a chandelier before shipping. I have repaired hundreds of arms .
The antique glass chandelier arm will be as strong as new after it is repaired . When photographed on black you can see the repair if you look close . When installed back on the chandelier the repair will be very hard to find.
This repair could have been avoided if the mover had removed the arms before shipping. Never ship a chandelier with the crystal arms attached.
The antique light fixture was missing a couple panels. We used an antique seedy glass to make the replacement panels.
Right out of the basement, the antique candelabra was in total disrepair. It was removed from the dinning room and placed in the basement . The bronze frame work was broken in several places. The antique wiring was fared and need to be replaced. The globes were dirty and badly chipped.
It had a broken center column.