The broken globe was sent from Arizona . The contractor broke three globes on the job site while restoring and old court house. I knew I could make the new globes but matching the design on the globe was going to be the challenge.
It was a gift for his retirement from the electric company. It is a thermometer that looks like an electric meter . The glass case was broken and they didn’t save the pieces. Gauge glass replacement
It is missing the antique glass cover.
The glass liner for the Sterling silver bowl was broken . I repaired the broken broken glass liner so I could cast a mold off of it to make the replacement . I used a high temperature cast able ceramic to make a perfect mold of the original
It needs a little sugar and it is ready for tea set.
The crystal sculpture was broken and the head and the arm are missing. It was purchased in Italy while traveling. I made a new glass head and arm but I have to attach them to the body.
The antique glass oil lamp has been in the family for generations. During the last move the glass was broken. The pewter was in good shape. We made a replacement glass .
This antique crystal bobeche is from a late 1700’s early 1800’s candelabra that was electrified. I needed to make two replacement bobeches . The first step is to make the glass blanks.
Rough cutting the shape is next.
Using smoothing stones the glass is given a 400 to 600 grit finish and ready for polishing.
The replacement crystal bobeches are marked for drilling the holes.
I also made replacement arms for this chandelier shown in the picture. I will post picture showing the process I use to duplicate the solid crystal arms.
The coffee pot came to the United States from Italy when grandpa came . It was passed down from father to son and from son to grand son. I was able to make a replacement glass.
The coffee pot will be passed on to the great grand son some day along with the story of how his great grand father brought the pot from the old country .
The neck of the decanter was broken in many pieces and was repaired . The repair was unacceptable and I needed a plan B. The design engraved on the antique glass decanter gave me a good place to cut off the broken parts.
I fabricated a new neck and stone cut the design .
The replacement part looks good and makes the antique cut glass decanter usable again. The set is complete and ready for the next party.
The dinner is over and you didn’t put out the candles . They burn down and crack the tops of the crystal candlesticks. I can make a new top cut off the old and replace it.
The stopper for a crystal decanter was broken and sent to me for repair. I made the new blank first. Then I ground and polished it to fit the decanter.
I cut off the broken part of the stopper .
Then I attached the new stopper blank.
The final step to grind and polish the stopper to fit the decanter.